Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bvdahl bvdahl is offline

Default Macro for importing data from one file to another

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet with every purchase order that my department has made
during the week. At the end of the week, I make a report based on this
spreadsheet, and the way I do this, is that I copy the whole spreadsheet into
a different sheet that has a lot of formulas that extract the information I
need from my 'Purchase Orders' sheet.

I would like to make a macro in the 'formula' sheet, that does this
copy/paste procedure automatically. What I imagine is a button that opens a
dialogue box thaty allows me to choose the file containing the sheet for the
current week, and after that puts that information into the 'formula' sheet.
The 'purchase order' sheet has the same number of columns avery week, bit
can, of course, have different number of rows.

Hope I have been able to formulate my problem.

Thank you