Mike Middleton

Scott -

You have not provided much information. What versions of Excel run fine, and
what versions don't? What "stat pack" are you using?

Excel's Regression tool in its Analysis ToolPak uses the LINEST worksheet
function for calculation. Its numerical properties have improved in recent
versions of Excel. See the Knowledge Base article:

Description of the LINEST function in Excel 2003 and in Excel 2004 for Mac

If that doesn't answer your question, please provide more information.

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com

"Scott" wrote in message
When I correct for the collinearity of regressors in a multivariate
regression by replacing with residuals from another regression, regression
in
Excel is not working. One or more of the coefficients in the multivariate
system (incorrectly) go to 0, with a p-value of 1. When I have tried on
other
machines, it runs fine. It seems like my stat pack is flawed. Has anyone
else
encountered this? Is there a way to debug?