Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
nikkimc[_2_] nikkimc[_2_] is offline

Default Please Help!! DD:HH:SS to seconds driving me mad

thanks for getting back to me i thought all hope was lost there.
Ok i have 3 columns A1 B1 and C1

A1 = dd:mm:ss for e.g. 00:01:20
B1 = mm for e.g 1.2
C1 = ss for example 80

I have a script from another program which fills in A1 with network
downtime in a specified month {as above for e.g. 1min and 20s) however
i am forced to enter B1 and C1 manually as it does not convert
automatically which is what i am looking for. I need to enter 00:01:20
into B1 and it will show me 1.2 - I need to enter 00:01:20 and it will
show me 80. Does this make sense?

I want a macro or formula that basically says = A1 [B1 - Convert to mm]
& [C1 convert to Sec]

Hope i have explained this ok. Just want to make a process a little
more painless...Thanks again ;)

--
nikkimc
nikkimc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30218