Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Removing and Restoring Excel toolbars

There is no great problem that I know of as long as you track what is
removed, and put them all back at the end.

The things to be aware of is whether you still allow access to Excel
generally. If so, you should restore them whenever you workbook is
deactivated, as well as on closedown, and then hide them when yours is
activated, as well as on open.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"peter.thompson"
wrote in
message news:peter.thompson.219d8m_1136626802.112@excelfor um-nospam.com...

I am considering whether to completely remove all excel tool bars in an
application that I'm working on. i.e remove toolbars when workbook is
opened and restore the original toolbars on close.

Having previously 'lost' toolbars myself, is this a dangerous practice
given the variety of excel versions out in user land? What is
considered 'best practice' in this regard?

Thanks to everyone who has guided me so far through my first VBA
project, very much appreciated from this 'down under' VBA novice.

Cheers

Peter

--
peter.thompson