Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel
Biff Biff is offline

Default searching a large database with a long list of search terms

See my test results.

I probably would've gone with what I did in my test 2.

As you can see, the calc times were pretty much the same (what I would've
done versus what you did). I don't like to use a lot of helper cells if I
don't have to. The monster formula was the hands-down winner, but who
"likes" monster formulas? They tend to scare people away!

Biff

"Max" wrote in message
Biff,

What would have been your suggestion to the OP,
had not the "volume" got in the way ?
--
Rgds
Max