Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tegger Tegger is offline

Default Finding the first empty cell in a column

The expression:

Set rng = Range("A1").End(xlDown)(2)

is an abbreviated version of:

Set rng = Range("A1").End(xlDown).Item(2, 1).

Chip Pearson hosts an excellent discussion, written by Alan Beban, of this
method at:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/cells.htm

The above expressions are equivalent to:

Set rng = Range("A1").End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0)

Ahhh... Now i understand, you and Alan explained it perfectly. I found a
problem though in that the exported XML workbook for some reason have a few
rows within the customer transactions that are blank so End(xlDown) does not
go to the last record. I am going to have to find some other method to find
the final entry in the table. Thx for your help, knowing how Item works
seems like it will be very usefull.