Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones Norman Jones is offline

Default Finding the first empty cell in a column

Hi Tegger,

Try:

Dim rng as Range

Set rng = Range("A1").End(xlDown)(2)

---
Regards,
Norman

"Tegger" wrote in message
I am trying to extract certain cells from a workbook that is generated by a
medical billing application. The exported sheet contains several
'sections'
(customer appointments at the top, financial info for the day at the
bottom.
My problem is that the number of rows for appointments changes and also
some
cells in the rows may not contain data

Customer Name ID# Action
Bob Smith 1234 Teeth Cleaning
Jane Smith 8475 Teeth Cleaning
Fill cavity
John Adams 9837 Routine Chekup

Total Billing for the day $12344
Total numer of cleaning 6

The 'Customer Name' label is always in the same cell on the report but I
need to find the last customer transaction (so I can iterate through all
the
transactions and extract values from several clumns). I can use LastCell
but
that gives me the last non empty cell in the entire column. Any ideas?