Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
K Dales[_2_] K Dales[_2_] is offline

Default Break link between excel and access

QueryTable.Delete deletes the querytable (but keeps the values) and thus
should "break the link."
--
- K Dales

"Smithochris" wrote:

Hi,

I have an excel template that is linked to an access query. When the
template is opened, it automatically downloads the latest data from the
access query. Using code, I am then saving the template as a unique
excel spreadsheet. The problem is that the link is still active
between the new spreadsheet and access. So, when I open the newly
saved spreadsheet, it automatically downloads the latest data from the
access query. How can I save the template as a unique spreadsheet -
and have the link broken? In other words, how can I have the new
spreadsheet contain the template's data only, so it never grabs the
access data again?

--
Smithochris
Smithochris's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17004