Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default create function with passing parameters

Try:

=personal.xls!testinfix(a1,b1,5)

====
Another option is to save your personal.xls file as an addin (personal.xla).
Then you won't need that syntax.

But you won't see any macros in personal.xla in the tools|macro|macros dialog,
either.

DASmania Cool wrote:

Thank you Niek Otten

I create the function at PERSONAL.XLS & run perfectly on PERSONAL.XLS but i
cannot run it in another workbook, do you know why ?

"Niek Otten" wrote:

In Cell C1, enter

=textinfix(A1,B1,5)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"DASmania Cool" <DASmania wrote in message
i want to create my own function with passing parameters. Here's the case :

Cell A1 = 5
Cell B1 = 0

and I want cell C1 = 00005

i have this function but i don't know how to insert in macro :

Function TextInfix(CurrChar As String, CharInfix As String, TextLong As
Integer) As String
Dim CharLong As Integer, TmpInfix$

CharLong = Len(CurrChar)

TmpInfix = String(TextLong - CharLong, CharInfix) & CurrChar

TextInfix = TmpInfix
End Function

--

Dave Peterson