Stat Challenged

Bryan-
Thanks for your suggestion.

I guess I am thinking of the problem more like a process with an expected
value and a deviation of either 0 or 1. I was thinking in terms of
statistical quality control there must be a formula that would allow me to
make inferences about the universe which is finite from a less than 100%
sample.

"Bryan Hessey" wrote:

The literal answer should be 98%, however you can perhaps improve your
chances by applying a feasibility test, ie, if opening + purchases -
sales (= closing) is less than 10% of a months sales, or is more than
20% of a months sales then perform your check on those items.

The standard run-of-the-mill items can usually survive with a minimal
check, but in either case the number of items to be checked should be
increased for each error found.

--
Bryan Hessey
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=390044