Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Frederick Chow Frederick Chow is offline

Default Checking the existence of a reference workbook

Seems not possible, if workbooks C1, C2, C3.... Cn all reference workbook R,
then did you mean that if R is opened, then C1, C2, C3.... , Cn will be
opened simultaneously??

By the way, the issue is that in case the required R does not exist, I wish
that such error could be handled by my own code located in any C's, not by
the Excel compiler itself. Is it possible?

Frederick Chow

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message
If C references R, opening R will cause C to be opened as well.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Frederick Chow" wrote in message
I have a workbook ("C") which references other subroutines of another
workbook ("R"). When C is opened, R should have been automatically opened.
If somehow R cannot be opened, is it possible to write code to check the
existence of R? Seems that a IsWorkBookExists macro cannot do the job.
Thanks for your advice in advance.

Frederick Chow