Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Max/Min for variable length columns

Tim,

I assume that you are able to select the first empty cell. Enter this
formula

=MAX(INDIRECT("A9:A"&ROW()-1))

and then enter

=MIN(INDIRECT("A9:A"&ROW()-1))

in the next row. The column length is irrelevant in this case as the new
number is the MAX so it will not affect the MIN formula.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Tim Rush" <Tim wrote in message
I need to find the max value in a column of unknown length, (start point

at
about row 9). Then place that value in same column in next (blank) row.

Then do the same for MIN (but now it is column length -1)

This should be easy, but its been beating me all day.
Thanks