IanRoy

Hi, JimH;
I just tried this: dragged a shortcut (to one of my Excel workbooks) onto
Quicklaunch. Clicked it. The Workbook opened. Is this what doesn't work for
you?
Another way: Tools Options General At startup, open all files in:...
Put the path to your workbook in there. This "should" open that workbook
whenever Excel started, regardless of whatever other workbook you were
opening, and regardless of what method you used to open Excel. Is there a
path in that box?
Regards,
Ianroy.

"JimH" wrote:

I have used a quicklauch icon for years to start Excel with a default file
automatically opened. Suddenly this has quit working. Excel opens, I see a
virus scan being requested in the status bar, but everthing ends with Excel
open but no with no loaded worksheet.
I haven't changed anything lately. I have tried deleting and recreating the
shortcut. I have tried changing the file to a different workbook. Nothing
works. The workbooks are ok in that they load just fine using file/open once
Excel loads.
Has there been some automatic update lately that might have caused this? Any
ideas at all? Thanks
JimH