Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Substituting cell content into a formula

=indirect("'" & a1 & "'!" & b1)

if a1 and b1 are the two cells.

John wrote:

I have a workbook that has worksheets for each month, containing a table of
rows of customer order info for the month. All tables are formated the same.
I have a report page that nicely performs calculations and formats a report
for a sinlge row of data from a single worksheet for a one customer. How do I
set up my formulas so that I can substitute a different month (worksheet
name) and row number in the formulas to get the save report for a different
customer and/or month?

More simply put, I have a hard coded formula =Jan!A4 in my report that I'd
like to change the worksheet and row specification to say =Feb!A22 based on
the contents of a cell containing the text "Feb" and another cell containing
"22"?

--

Dave Peterson