Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robin Hammond[_2_] Robin Hammond[_2_] is offline

Default Passwords etc

Clive,

That's a tougher question.

If you are looking for uncrackable sheet protection, you will not find it,
and it has nothing to do with where you store the password. (In fact,
storing the password would make no difference). The reality is that most of
us would be able to get past sheet protection in seconds, and with a bit of
work you can get around vba project protection. Hard to believe, but true.

The only moderately secure protection is at the workbook level, and even
there you will find that there are commercial crackers available.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"ccarmock" wrote in
message ...

Thanks for that - I will see if that is acceptable. The snag I can
forsee is that for audit purposes I couldn't demonstrate that I coudlnt
crack the password, given a machien it had been used on, which is why I
was hoping to store it with the workbook itself.

Regards
Clive

--
ccarmock