Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Help with SaveAs prompt

I think you made a mistake in your code.

It sounds like you did something like:

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="H:\CMM REPORTS\V125D0\SHOES\Cavities\" _
"myfilename" & ".xls", _
FileFormat:=xlText, CreateBackup:=False

With quotes around "myfilename".

If that's not it, you'll want to post the code you used.

And while you're testing, you can always use:

msgbox activeworkbook.fullname

to double check what you did.

juggler wrote:

Thanks for the reply, Dave. Running both of these has generated some
unexpected results. Now I end up with a blank file (worksheet)
"myFileName" and, once I save the file, I have no idea where it
goes.......it is not in the location the path would indicate.
Also, once I enter data into the text box and click OK all my
information disappears.......I did not want to close the worksheet once
I saved it.
Does it matter that the file I am getting the data from is open? I
get a prompt that states it is being modified and I am asked if I want
to open it as a Read ONLY. I click yes and the macro works fine up
until the point where I am tryin to save.....then I loose everything.
I appreciate the input.

--

Dave Peterson