Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Always Learning Always Learning is offline

Default Excel Date Problem

Hi Guys,

Can you help me with a little problem.

I am running a macro on a csv file.
There are 4 dates in the format dd/mm/yy and I format them to dd mmm yyyy.
So the cell A1 originally has the value 25/12/05, I format it so the cell A1
now has 25 Dec 2005
When I try to concatenate "Date Reported : " & A1. Instead of getting Date
Reported : 25 Dec 2005 I get Date Reported : 25/12/05 Cell A1 is back in
it's original format although on the screen it is showing as the new format
I.E. 25 Dec 2005

What is going on here? how do I get the cell to keep it's new format so when
I use the value from the cell it's the correct format.

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

Steve Wilson.