Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
harrar harrar is offline

Default currency in vba userform

No, the problem is with every entry. It is sent from the form to the sheet
as text. Thanks for the Option Explicit though. I'll incorporate that now.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Is the problem with the Cans on week 5 & 6? You have a wrong textbox name
there, you use tbCanned where elsewhere you use tbCan.

If you used Option Explicit in your code, that would not be a problem.

--

HTH

RP

"harrar" wrote in message
Sorry about that, Bob
Here's a sample of the coding for the userform:

Private Sub cmdCancel_Click()
Unload Me
End Sub

Private Sub cmdClear_Click()
Call UserForm_Initialize
End Sub

Private Sub cmdEnter_Click()
Sheet1.Select
If combWeek = "1" Then
Range("b6").Value = tbLiq
Range("c6").Value = tbDraft
Range("d6").Value = tbBottle
Range("e6").Value = tbCan
Range("f6").Value = tbWine
Range("g6").Value = tbSoda
ElseIf combWeek = "2" Then
Range("b15").Value = tbLiq
Range("c15").Value = tbDraft
Range("d15").Value = tbBottle
Range("e15").Value = tbCan
Range("f15").Value = tbWine
Range("g15").Value = tbSoda
ElseIf combWeek = "3" Then
Range("b25").Value = tbLiq
Range("c25").Value = tbDraft
Range("d25").Value = tbBottle
Range("e25").Value = tbCan
Range("f25").Value = tbWine
Range("g25").Value = tbSoda
ElseIf combWeek = "4" Then
Range("b35").Value = tbLiq
Range("c35").Value = tbDraft
Range("d35").Value = tbBottle
Range("e35").Value = tbCan
Range("f35").Value = tbWine
Range("g35").Value = tbSoda
ElseIf combWeek = "5" Then
Range("b45").Value = tbLiq
Range("c45").Value = tbDraft
Range("d45").Value = tbBottle
Range("e45").Value = tbCanned
Range("f45").Value = tbWine
Range("g45").Value = tbSoda
ElseIf combWeek = "6" Then
Range("b55").Value = tbLiq
Range("c55").Value = tbDraft
Range("d55").Value = tbBottle
Range("e55").Value = tbCanned
Range("f55").Value = tbWine
Range("g55").Value = tbSoda

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()

tbLiq.Value = "0.00"
tbDraft.Value = "0.00"
tbBottle.Value = "0.00"
tbCan.Value = "0.00"
tbWine.Value = "0.00"
tbSoda.Value = "0.00"

With combWeek
.AddItem "1"
.AddItem "2"
.AddItem "3"
.AddItem "4"
.AddItem "5"
.AddItem "6"
.AddItem "7"
.AddItem "8"
.AddItem "9"
.AddItem "10"
.AddItem "11"
End With
combWeek.Value = "1"
combWeek.SetFocus

End Sub

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Show the code.

--

HTH

RP

"harrar" wrote in message
Trying to set up a userform to enter weekly sales figures for various
items
i.e, bottles,cans, plastic with text boxes used for dollar amount

input
and
then dump the data into a the spreadsheet. The sheet cells are

formated
as
"currency" but when I run the userform the data is sent as text, the

cells
display i.e 2000 and an error message appears relating to format.

Tried to DIM the variables and .Value [currency] to no avail. All the
spreadsheet shows $0.00 irregardless of what was entered in the

userform.

I think the problem may be Property Set related but I'm not that
experienced
with it but then again it could be something really simple I'm

missing.

Any help provided would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance