RagDyeR

You got a return of "False-0" for R18?!?!?!

When you just said that those cells contained the formula:
"=IF(ISNA(N18+(SUM(I18:M18))),"",N18+(SUM(I18:M18) ))"

Does that means that you have a #N/A error in the I18:N18 range, and R18
looks empty?

Also, is the entire R6:R76 range populated with the IF() formula?

Perhaps you might wish to send me a copy of your sheet.

Cut out cutout from my address.

Regards,

RD
-------------------
-------------------

"Kwanjangnim" wrote in message
update: not that it matter for the examples i'm testing but in my worksheet
b7:b76 is actually r7:r76

and the validation formula returned "false-0" "=ISNUMBER(r18)&"-"&LEN(r18)"

cheers
colin

"RagDyer" wrote:

If you revised your formula as I suggested, and you're still getting that
#DIV/0! error, then I would guess that your numbers are *not numbers*.

Now, your OP said that these numbers were the *results* from other cells.

Are there formulas in B7:B76?

If so, post back with the formulas.

Also, you could try this formula to test the contents of Column B:

=ISNUMBER(B7)&"-"&LEN(B7)

Copy down and make sure that you see "True", and that the number returned
matches the visible characters in the formula bar ( i.e formats - $ -

don't
count)

RD

-

-

"Kwanjangnim" wrote in message
I still have the 'Div/0' error that needs fixing any suggestion, please

read

"Ragdyer" wrote:

I must say that Bob did a good job with this formula!

However, there's just a coincidence between the range in his example

and
the
actual size of the range itself.

Your range is 70 rows, so revise your formula to this:

=AVERAGE(B76:INDEX(B7:B76,SUMPRODUCT(LARGE(ROW(1:7 0)*(B7:B76<""),6))))
--
HTH,

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may

benefit
!

-

"Kwanjangnim" wrote in message
thanks for the code, it worked well when i tested it in a blank

worksheet,
however for some reason it doesn't work when placed in my worksheet,

keep
getting a 'divide by zero error' but all i changed from your formula

was
the
col range and the start row and end row no.s

=AVERAGE(B76:INDEX(B7:B76,SUMPRODUCT(LARGE(ROW(7:7 6)*(B7:B76<""),6))))
the
empty cells that are awaiting results from other cells have been
formulated
to display blank but i keep getting 'DIV/0' can you sort this for

me?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=AVERAGE(A200:INDEX(A1:A200,SUMPRODUCT(LARGE(ROW(1 :200)*(A1:A200<""),6))))

--

HTH

RP

"Kwanjangnim" wrote in

message
hi all
i've had a look through all the other threads but haven't bee

able
find
the solution i'm looking for, basically i have a column which

has
numeric
value entered (in each row) according to results in other cells.

see
example
below

1 l 10
2 l -10
3 l 12
4 l 0
5 l 16
6 l -11
7 l 10
8 l
9 l

i need a funchtion that will average ONLY the last 6 results

(a2:a7),
this
column will be updated as new results are added, therefore the

range
that
needs to be averaged will constantly change to so that ONLY the

last 6
entries will be averaged.
(a1:a50) will be the max range so cells with no entries (blanK)

will
need
be ignored. can anyone help?