Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] trialproduct2004@yahoo.com is offline

Default Cell of sheet Not accepting 32767 character

Hi,
thanks for your reply.
I am using enter key to start new line means i am using new line and
carriage return both.

Bur then if that is case then it should not allow me to enter some more
characters in same cell.

When i copy past 32767 characters to cell it is not copying complete
text.

But then if after copy pasting i try to type remaining text in cell it
is allowing me to type content into same cell until it reaches to
32767.

For more information on this issue, just type 'a' characters 32767
number of times without any new line or any carraige return and then
try to copy that text into excel sheet.

You will notice that only 31767 charcters will get copied into cell.

If you get any solution on this, please help me. This is very very
argent for me as i have to do coding to store my text into two seperate
cell depending on length of cell.

Means in code what i am doing is taking first 32767 characters of text
and storing that into first cell and then storing remaining charactesr
into another cell.

But as excel sheet is spliting 32767 characters itself into two
seperate cell i am not able to find out solution for this.

Any help will be truely appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards
Archana.
Dave Peterson wrote:
If newline is just a line feed, then it's one character.
If newline is carriage control then linefeed it's two characters.

What did you use?

wrote:

hi all,

I am having problem related to excel sheet.
Maximum character limit of cell in 32767. But when i try to add text
containing those many character it is splitting some part into second
cell.

So my question is does it considering newline character as two
chracters and counting limit along with that.

--

Dave Peterson