Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett[_4_] Don Guillett[_4_] is offline

Default Urgent help in excel macros

For archival purposes, please try to use more meaningful subject lines and
please refrain from using the word URGENT!. All requests here are equally
urgent.
Try a helper column (could hide) with the formula
=VALUE(MID(B6,FIND("_",B6)+1,LEN(B6)))
then use something like

Sub getnumberincellmax_min()
myval = 500
minval = Application.Min(Columns("c"))
maxval = Application.Max(Columns("c"))
If myval = minval And myval <= maxval Then MsgBox "OK"
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Jayanthi" wrote in
message ...

I am having the minimum and maximum values in two columns in an excel
spread sheet.I need to check whether the given value falls between the
maximum and minimum values.

For e.g Minimum column contains value like AAA_0001 and Maximum column
contains AAA_1000
Let the given value be AAA_560.I need to check whether this value is
between those two columns.
Could anyone help me out in solving this .....?

regards
Jayanthi

--
Jayanthi