Lookin for a job

That works and I'm absolutely certain that the IF formula uses the text value
"true" and not the boolen value TRUE and there are no extra chars in the
cells.

I really appreciate everyones input and suggestions but does anybody know
WHY -

=Countif(A10:20,"true")

Thanks

"KL" wrote:

Hi,

Since you are pretty confident that True is text and not a logical value,
why don't you try something like this (just in case there is an extra space
o something):

=COUNTIF(A10:A20,"*True*")

Regards,
KL

"Lookin for a job" wrote in
message ...
Hello Anne -

That doesn't work as I had already tried that......still returns 0.

What it is about True that causes this problem? In the IF formula when I
change the text "True" to the boolean TRUE then use -

=Countif(A10:A20,TRUE)

I get the correct result.

I guess I can use the boolean value but would still like to know why True
doesn't get recognized ?????

Thanks

"Anne Troy" wrote:

"True" (in quotes) means literal text. The text isn't literal. Rather
"true"
in this case is a value. So, you dont' need the quotes in your formula.

=Countif(A10:A20,TRUE)
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Lookin for a job" <Lookin for a wrote in
message ...
Hello Guys..

I have a range of IF formulas in A10:A20 that return either a text
"True"
(not a boolean) or a blank "" .

There are several "Trues" in the range but when I use -

=Countif(A10:A20,"True")

I get a result of 0.

Why is this?

Thanks