Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
StargateFanFromWork[_3_] StargateFanFromWork[_3_] is offline

Default Generic protect/unprotect code through buttons and code?

I looked through the archives but have seen that there can be problems with
protecting/unprotecting sheets with vb so thought I would just ask about
this one. I have buttons on some of my sheets. I'm ready to protect the
sheets whereas up till now they remained unprotected. Apparently, we can
unprotect sheet, run code, then protect sheet again. (I'm assuming buttons
will still be clickable even though protected??)

Also, we'll need a generic line of coding for protecting/unprotecting -
i.e., without any sheet names and/or passwords - as that would be easiest to
deal with as then I could simply copy those lines to all the current
workbooks. It would mean adding a simple unprotect line after title of
script and have code then execute rest of script - such as sort, etc. - and
then protect the sheet before script finishes.

Also, people have posted about problems with passwords so we won't need any
passwords. And the other problem I saw is that code might not work if sheet
protected manually, etc. So it was recommended in that particular post to
use an IF statement. I haven't been able to find an example of code that
will do these 2 things so begging indulgence of group to help with this one.

This is final step in completing all the workbooks I made here at this job 1
1/2 yrs ago. They've been unprotected all this time. Hopefully I can close
them up yet still retain full functionality with all the buttons/code! <g

Thank you!! :oD