Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Niek Otten Niek Otten is offline

Default How to write a language independent formula

I don't know how you write the formula to a cell, but from VBA you would
indeed use the English version. Otherwise you would use the FormulaR1C1Local
property.
Are you sure this is how it happened?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Jaime Stuardo" wrote in message
Hi all...

I am using Excel COM component to transform a CSV file into an XLS file.
After converting it, I need to summarize a column that contains numbers.

I am using FormulaR1C1 property of a Cell object. In order to know what
value I need to place in that property, I used Excel by recording a new
macro
and make the sum.

When I saw the generated code, FormulaR1C1 property was assigned this
value
: "=SUM(R[-488]C:R[-1]C)". I have Microsoft Excel in Spanish, so I thought
that formula was writen in a standard way.

Well.. when I used the same code from my component I got an exception.
After
some tests, I discovered that I should assign "=SUMA(F(-488)C:F(-1)C)" to
FormulaR1C1 property (that is, the formula written in spanish). By using
this
formula would work for users that have Excel in Spanish, but not for users
that have Excel in English.

Is there any way to solve this problem?
Thanks a lot in advance

Jaime