Kassie

Hi Barry,

You do not say where you found them? If they are in a different folder to
the one housing your new files, I would suggest moving them across. If they
are in the same folder, but you cannot see them, then under File Open, change
the file type to whatever version of Excel you created them in - click on
files of type down arrow, and scroll down the list. If you do not find a
suitable type, change the file type to *.* All Files. That's just above your
default file type, and see if you can open them. Once you have opened them,
make sure you save them as current version files, so that they are always
available.
--
ve_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa

"Barry Marx" wrote:

Thanks Kassie - that worked. The problem is remembering the contents of
different files. Somewhere there must be a file list. At the moment if I go
to "File" all I find are documents and spreadsheets created after the
conversion.

While it's now reassuring to know they are all in there somewhere, how do I
get them to show up on the "file" in Office 2003?

Cheers

Barry

"Kassie" wrote:

Hi Barry

Upgrading should not have any effect on your data files. Have you had a
look in Windows explorer, under the folder where you stored these files?
Maybe run a search to find them? Click on Start|Search, search for files and
folders, and type in the names of these files.
--
ve_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa

"Barry Marx" wrote:

I upgraded from Excel5 and Word6 to Office10 - everything OK. Then I
upgraded to Office 2003 - now I can not find any of my old data. No Word and
no Excel files.

If I reinstal the original Word6 and Excel5 programmes will I then be able
to access old files?

Otherwise, where can I find them on my PC?

Barry