John Mansfield

If Jon's example happens to not work for an Area chart,
another option would be to add a triangle autoshape over
the Nov - Dec area. You can then size the shape
appropriately and blend the color of the shape into the
background of the chart to cause that part of the Area
chart not to appear. For example, if the background of
the chart is gray and the area is blue, you would color
the shape gray to cover the top of the blue background.
You might have to do a little more formatting after that
to make it look "clean".

John Mansfield