Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default I closed all menus/toolbars with macro. Any way to fix w/o losing my XLB??

go into the vbe and run this code

Sub showBar()
application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled = True
'application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Visible = True
End Sub

If your main menu bar doesn't come back, then uncomment the second command
and run it again.

Now go to Tools=Customize and select the toolbars you want visible.

Depending on what the code did, you might then have to write code to
reenable specific popups.

Tom Ogilvy

"StargateFanFromWork" wrote in message
Ah, guys, I did something really silly this morning. I found code in a

msg
in the archives that was really neat but it didn't discriminate between
valid toolbars and the ones that might remain inadvertently open and for
which I'd need to close. I won't go into the whys/wherefores only that I
clicked on the icon I'd used the assign the macro to as it was in a
depressed state. It was silly, I know <g. And it was like magic. Now

you
see 'em / now you don't! <g I no longer have any menus and toolbars. I
only have a formula bar under the title bar and the column/row indicators.

Of course, renaming my xlb files gets me back to a mode with toolbars that
are factory default ones, but I'd like to salvage my xlb file if possible.
Without the pulldowns, as well as my regular toolbars, is there a way

around
this problem?

<g I hadn't done anything silly like this in quite a while, so I guess I
was due. Thanks for any help in helping me get out of the corner I've
painted myself into. :oD