Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] asdfasdfnl@yahoo.com is offline

Default XL 97 - designing form with zooming capabilities

Hi,

For a Glass House Plants Grower I'm designing an application that
will keep track of his plants.
More specific: at which location exacly in his acres big glass house
are at any given time his plants (so he knows where the plants are that
need pruning after x weeks, that need bigger pots after y weeks etc.)

The plants are on rolling tables.
The tables are on 100+ tracks (lets say: all are laying direction
North-South)
Adjacent to the tracks are 2 extra tracks (1 at the North-side and 1 at
the South-side) laying East-West
On each of these 2 trackts are moving devices (call 'm trains if you
like) that are able to pick up a rolling table from one of the 100
tracks and move it to and "drop" it on another different track.

I'm looking for a good way to present the tracklayout on a form

I tried to use screen-wide "thin" labels presenting the tracks and
small "thin" labels in different color presenting the rolling tables.

That in itself works but probably there is graphically-wise a better
way to do it.

Also I' don't know how to implement some sort of zooming.

One example that I could find that comes close is the Sysinternals
DiskView utility:
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/DiskView.html

Any ideas?