Paul B

Alex, I don't think that was an option in '97, you could use the keyboard
shortcut Ctrl+tab to switch between the open workbooks

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Alex" wrote in message
Hello

I use Excel 97 in work. I have a frustrating problem.

If I have two Excel workbooks open then, in order to switch between them,

have to go to the menu bar and select <Window and then the appropriate
workbook.

I am used to Excel 2000 where I can just click the workboook 'icons /

tabs'
along the bottom of my screen. This is far better.

How can I change Excel 97 to allow the open workbooks to display as
icons/tabs along the bottom of the screen (as is standard these days).

Please help lower my blood pressure...

Regards

Alex