Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
john.jacobs71[_2_] john.jacobs71[_2_] is offline

Default Can I run Visual Basic procedure using Excel Visual Basic editor?

I am trying to build a very simple loop to compare columns of data in excel.
I am not an experienced programmer but I am trying to learn enough to write
this code. The problem is, none of the examples in online tutorials match
the software menu options in the Visual Basic Editor I open through the
tools/macro submenu. For example, the tutorial may recommend opening the
file menu and selecting new program, but in the tutorial this option does not
even exist. Furthermore, any code I have attempted to write, even when it is
directly copied from very basic examples, crashes from syntax errors. Are
there tutorials that match the Excel module of VB so that I can get started??