Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jtp jtp is offline

Default Conditional formatting - different cell colour for each year following from user input date?

Ok, It sounded like you didnt mind having to change the formating so
here is a work around. Since we have a max of 3 conditions, I divide
the year (in A1) by 3. Then I used the MOD function to get th
remainder (0, 1 or 2). So we put that formula in each condition.

Condition 1
Formula is =Mod($A$1,3) = 0 'Set your background color

Condition 2
Formula is =Mod($A$1,3) = 1 'Set your background color

Condition 3
Formula is =Mod($A$1,3) = 2 'Set your background color

I think this should work for you. Enjoy your time with the family,

Jaso

--
jt
jtp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2113