KL

Since you are pretty confident that True is text and not a logical value,
why don't you try something like this (just in case there is an extra space
o something):

=COUNTIF(A10:A20,"*True*")

Regards,
KL

"Lookin for a job" wrote in
message ...
Hello Anne -

That doesn't work as I had already tried that......still returns 0.

What it is about True that causes this problem? In the IF formula when I
change the text "True" to the boolean TRUE then use -

=Countif(A10:A20,TRUE)

I get the correct result.

I guess I can use the boolean value but would still like to know why True
doesn't get recognized ?????

Thanks

"Anne Troy" wrote:

"True" (in quotes) means literal text. The text isn't literal. Rather
"true"
in this case is a value. So, you dont' need the quotes in your formula.

=Countif(A10:A20,TRUE)
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Lookin for a job" <Lookin for a wrote in
message ...
Hello Guys..

I have a range of IF formulas in A10:A20 that return either a text
"True"
(not a boolean) or a blank "" .

There are several "Trues" in the range but when I use -

=Countif(A10:A20,"True")

I get a result of 0.

Why is this?

Thanks