Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RB Smissaert RB Smissaert is offline

Default Macro to move info and delete duplicat records

You don't have to understand it and the example I gave should work.
Only if you have to make adjustments will it need some understanding
what is going on. In that case just post back to this NG.

RBS

"Bob Kopp" wrote in message
RB Smissaert

I am playing with the code you provided me, but I am still very much a
noivce when it comes to the VBA programing language.

bob

"Bob Kopp" wrote:

I am in the process of trying to learn VBA. I am trying to write a macro
that will go through a list of data in excel and:

1. Sort Data
2. Find duplicates
3.If duplicates are found, move certain information to open column of the
master row
4. Delete Duplicate row

Problem

Item Mfg ID Mfg Itm ID Mfg ID-1 Mfg Itm ID-1 DFLT-1 Mfg ID-2
0804706 BETCOCHEM AF79
0804706 JOHNSONSON 4605
0810295 CARLISLE 3663300
0810295 CARLISLE (O)4155900

Hopefull End result

Item Mfg ID Mfg Itm ID Mfg ID-1 Mfg Itm ID-1
0804706 BETCOCHEM AF79 JOHNSONSON 4605
0810295 CARLISLE 3663300 CARLISLE (O)4155900

There will be multiple items that need to be moved to multiple columns.
Bottom line is that I am trying to create unique item numbers that could
have
multiple part numbers.

Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks,