Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default DataForm.Show does not work in code

I misread his code and assumed he was trying to use the Data = Form
command. based on his lastest post, that is apparently what he is doing,
but used the wrong command. (which I missed). My answer should have been

Sub ready()
Activesheet.Range("AS1").CurrentRegion.Name = "Database"
ActiveSheet.ShowDataForm

Tom Ogilvy

"Toppers" wrote in message
I obviously need a (the) holiday! Thanks Tom.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

His original question doesn't use a Userform. He is using the built in
dataform.

Tom Ogilvy

"Toppers" wrote in message
If form name is "Update" (the name in the Properties of the Userform)

then
use "Update.show". Your code is looking for a form called "frmUpdate".

"ufo_pilot" wrote:

The name on the Form is 'Update'
tried it with the name:

Sub ready()
Range("AS1").Select
frmUpdate.Show
End Sub

here the error is 438 - Object doesn't support this property or

method

Sub Macro3()'
Range("AS1").Select
ActiveSheet.frmUpdateVisible , True
End Sub

???? I'm trying to edit both codes to see which one gives me what I

want
first...
Thanks for your help.

"Toppers" wrote:

Check the Userform name is correct

"ufo_pilot" wrote:

I get a Run Time Erroe 424 "Object required
when the button is clicked.

"Toppers" wrote:

Hi,
How is code started form the button?

Use the Forms toolbar, select a button, place button in your

worksheet and
assign your macro (READY) to it.

Click the button and the form should appear.

HTH

"ufo_pilot" wrote:

Hello all
I am trying to have the Data Form show upon a click of a

button
so that a
list can be updated, but the codes below do not seem to

work.
Is it possible to have the ready made Form in Data Form
pop up with a code?

Sub ready()
Range("AS1").Select
frmDataForm.Show