Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Deleting cells in a column ref a different column

Daminc,

If you want to prevent duplicates from being entered, you can use Data Validation with a custom
function. For example, to prevent entering a value into column A that already appears in column C,
select all of column A, select Data / Validation.... Settings Tab, under "Allow" select Custom,
and enter this in the formula area:

=COUNTIF(C:C,A1)=0

You can modify your error message to inform the user what s/he is doing wrong....

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Daminc" wrote in message

Just an update Bernie.

Spliting up the macro worked a treat. It solved my problem as well as
help me understand the coding a little better.

I'm thinking of ways to adapt it into an error trap to prevent
non-duplicates appearing in the duplicate list which should help my
colleague somewhat :))

Cheers again.

--
Daminc