R.VENKATARAMAN

one other method is resolve the wind direction and speed into two orthogonal
directions. i.e. east west and north south. and then find out average of
these two directional speeds and recompose into direction and speed.
the angles (direction should be converted to radians)
east west speed=scalar speed*cos (direction in
radians)--------radians=degrees*pi()/180

north south speed=scalar speed=sin(direction in rad)
once average directional speeds are found
average speed=sqrt of (averagenorthsouthspeed^2+averageeastwestspeed^2)
avaerage direction=atan(averagenorthsouthspeed/averagaeeastwestspeed)
direction will be in radians convert to degrees

see help in cos or sin or atan etc which gives how to convert degrees into
radians

this is called vector averaging.

remove $$$ from email addresss to send email
abcd wrote in message

well... ;) me again (2 o'clock am for me)

i also add a round (.... ; 3) around each x and y mean so the "no
favorite" case is more accurate