Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
bttreadwell bttreadwell is offline

Default Select All Sheets in Workbook

Worked perfectly, thank you.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Brian

Amended code that works on all sheets, not just the Active one.

Public Sub gonl()
Dim S As Worksheet
For Each S In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
'makes it so all pages print nicely
With S.PageSetup
.PrintTitleRows = "$1:$1"
.CenterHorizontally = True
.CenterVertically = False
.Orientation = xlPortrait
.PaperSize = xlPaperLetter
.Zoom = 65
End With
Next
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 13:33:02 -0800, "bttreadwell"
wrote:

I am trying your loop that you listed in this post so I can format all sheets
to print better. Here is what I am trying to use, but it isn't working for
some reason.

Dim S As Worksheet
For Each S In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
'makes it so all pages print nicely
With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
.PrintTitleRows = "$1:$1"
.CenterHorizontally = True
.CenterVertically = False
.Orientation = xlPortrait
.PaperSize = xlPaperLetter
.Zoom = 65
End With
Next

Thanks for your help.

Brian

"Harald Staff" wrote:

Hi Bob

You're right. I never noticed this. Anyway, you'll have better control
looping the sheets like this:

Sub test()
Dim S As Worksheet
For Each S In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
'sample actions:
S.Columns(2).ColumnWidth = 12
S.Range("B2").Value = Time
Next
End Sub

In general macros should not select or activate, they run faster without it
and the user isn't annoyed by the changing sheets or moving cursors.