Bob Phillips

"." wrote in message
ups.com...
I'd suggest conditional formatting. Select all your cells, go to
Format-Conditional Formatting.
Then as your first condition, select "Formula Is", and in the formula
box (assuming account number is in column B), type:
=Mod($B2,2)

Then select the format you want.

If the "white" line formatting is different than the default, you can
add a second condition, using the formula:
=Not(Mod($B2,2))

The only real disadvantage (that I can see) is that you may not have
true alternating colours if you sort on something other than account #.

I may be wrong, but I doubt that the account numbers are really 1,2,3,4, I
think they were just simplified examples.