Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Default COUNTIF - help please

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 23:17:31 -0800, joeu2004 wrote:

"Stan Brown" wrote:
Stan Brown;1214641 Wrote:
=sumproduct( 0+right($N8:$EP8,1)="V") )

[....]
I don't know what you mean by "error in value"

[....]
,
Try copy-pasting instead of retyping.

Perhaps you should try following your own advice. It might surprise you.

Thanks. Amanda, I'm sorry; I'm not sure where the needed left
parenthesis disappeared to, because I did indeed copy/paste.
However, as Joe says:

No matter. This approach is unnecessarily complicated.

Amanda, see the equivalent COUNTIF solution that I provided.

Yes, his approach is simpler and therefore, I think, better.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...