Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Get Cell Values from Other .xls files

Use this one
http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary2.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"DTTODGG" wrote in message ...
Hello -

I need some conceptual help and some specific help.

I have many excel files being sent to me. All are in the same format :-)
I want to make a new .xls file (Master) that goes out into this directory
where all these .xls files are and "gets J2 and puts it in column A1 of the
Master workbook, then gets P4 and puts in in column B1 of the Master
workbook... when done, go get the next .xls, open and put in A2 and B2,
etc...".

I'm having difficulty finding what the objects are called and the syntax
that goes with them. Once I get a handle on this, I'll be able to ask better
questions to this group. until then -

Thank you VERY much!