JimH

Default Shortcut file fails to open

I have used a quicklauch icon for years to start Excel with a default file
automatically opened. Suddenly this has quit working. Excel opens, I see a
virus scan being requested in the status bar, but everthing ends with Excel
open but no with no loaded worksheet.
I haven't changed anything lately. I have tried deleting and recreating the
shortcut. I have tried changing the file to a different workbook. Nothing
works. The workbooks are ok in that they load just fine using file/open once
Excel loads.
Has there been some automatic update lately that might have caused this? Any
ideas at all? Thanks
JimH