Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default Essbase Causing Selection Change Event to Fire

Hi Jim,

not being an essbase user...

First:
Check the object browser for (exposed) Essbase events.
if available.. set a boolean to escape your sel.chg handler.

the only event you can monitor re office.commandbars is the
commandbars.OnUpdate event.
See VBA help. = resource consuming, not recommended.

What you could possible do...
is remove the original essbase commandbar.control
replace it with your own macro..
which sets a global boolean...
used to exit the selection.change event handler.

...just a thought..

--
keepITcool

Jim Thomlinson wrote :

This is a bit of a long shot but here goes. Our organization uses
Essbase. When a user zoomes in on a member, the selection change
event is fired repeatedly. This interferes with an addin that I have
that catches the selection change event. My question is can I catch
either:

1. When a button on a menu bar is selected (Zoom In on the Essbase
Toolbar). 2. When Essbase executes a Zoomin (Catch the event?
Possibly create a custom event? This would be my preference over
option 1.)

Much appreciated in advance. I know it is a long shot but any
pointers would be appreciated.

Jim Thomlinson