RagDyer

Was that in Sheet2, or Sheet1, or both?

RD

"jh3016" wrote in message
Yes, there are 1324 characters in that single cell.

"RagDyer" wrote:

I don't quite understand.

Do you mean that you have, for example, a *single* cell on Sheet2 that
contains approx. 1,000 characters, and when the content of this cell is
returned to Sheet1 by the formula, not all the characters are displayed?

If so, check out the actual length of cell in Sheet2 with this formula,
where you put the cell address in the parenthesis:

=LEN(cell address)

And, do the same for the cell on Sheet1, and post back

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-

"jh3016" wrote in message
Now I have another problem. The comments are cutting off at a certain

point.
Like, only 500 or so characters are coming over in the spreadsheet.

This is as a result of the =IF(ISERR... formula described previously.

Is there a way that I can capture ALL of the comments?

Thanks.

"jh3016" wrote:

I have an excel workbook with two sheets.

On Sheet2, in column A is employee name. In column B is comments

about
that
employee. The employee's name could be repeated several times

throughout the
workbook. Sheet2 has 1000 rows with multiple employees on it.

On Sheet1 I want to put all the comments that match Employee1 (which

is
in
cell A1 on Sheet1). There will probably be 20 matches, so I want

the
comments to be in rows 2-21.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.