Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Cathy W[_2_] Cathy W[_2_] is offline

Default Problem with formulas updating

Hi. Thanks again for the response. I am going to paste what is put in cell
A1 so that you get an idea of what's happening. The formula still returns a
#REF! error.

In cell A1, the path of the file the user selects in the open dialog box
appears as the following:

K:\INDIVIDUAL DIRECTORIES\Woodford, Cathy\Daily Report\dec 12.05.xls

So then in cell E12 I want it to say =[a1]dos1!g26 which should return the
following formula: =[K:\INDIVIDUAL DIRECTORIES\Woodford, Cathy\Daily
Report\dec 12.05.xls]dos1!g26 but it's like it's not picking up the value in
cell A1.

HELP! :-)

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

Yup - bad paste on my part:

=INDIRECT("'[" & A1 & "]Sheet1'!G26")

In article ,
"Cathy W" wrote:

Hi. Thanks for the response.

It gives me the error "That name is not valid" and highlights the "'" quote
in the formula.

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

Try

=INDIRECT(["'" & A1 & "]Sheet1'!G26")