Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Petitboeuf[_4_] Petitboeuf[_4_] is offline

Default VB Code to 'read' .txt files and display info in Excel

Hi all

I am not sure that what I want is possible with simple VBA code but
here it goes anyway!

I have loads of files that are being automatically created via a VB
program. Each file is inividually taged and contains data about
promotional activities.

I would like to be able to have a code in Excel that:

- Reads the .txt files in the given location
- Finds the reference to the proper brand as selected in a drop down
menu on my spreadsheet
- Display the relevant information, formated if possible!
- That's it! :D

If you have any tips, let me know!

I have a bad feeling that I'd need to be a fully trained programmer to
implement that...

--
Petitboeuf
Petitboeuf's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10602