Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Shadok Shadok is offline

Default macro don't execute a step in the code

I've verified this property, it's to False.
I'm just trying to follow the advice given in Excel Help to convert text
values in numbers : multiplying every cell by 1.
What I just don't understand is why does it work when I do it handly and it
doesn't when it's in a macro ? There still are this green triangles in the
corners.

"Andrew Taylor" wrote:

How are you invoking the macro? If it's from a CommandButton,
make sure its TakeFocusOnClick property is set to false,
otherwise the Selection.Copy line won't do what you want.

Andrew Taylor

Shadok wrote:
Hi,

I made a macro which opens text files from another source. Text data are
converted in standard format by opening the file and values are multiplied by
1 in order to have a correct numeric format.
When I do this without the macro it works correctly, by when I run the code
the step step of multiplication isn't executed.
I don't understand where is the trouble.
Can you help me please ?

Here is my code:
Workbooks.OpenText FileName:=NomFichier, Origin:= _
xlWindows, StartRow:=1, DataType:=xlDelimited, TextQualifier:= _
xlDoubleQuote, ConsecutiveDelimiter:=False, Tab:=True,
Semicolon:=False, _
Comma:=False, Space:=False, Other:=False, FieldInfo:=Array(Array(1,
1), _
Array(2, 1), Array(3, 1), Array(4, 1), Array(5, 1), Array(6, 1),
Array(7, 1), Array(8, 1), _
Array(9, 1), Array(10, 1))
Rows("7:10").Select
Selection.Replace What:=".", Replacement:=",", LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False
Rows("11:411").Select
Selection.Replace What:=",", Replacement:=",", LookAt:=xlPart, _
SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False

Range("C3").Select -- value is 1
Selection.Copy
Rows("7:411").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteAll, Operation:=xlMultiply, _
SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
Application.CutCopyMode = False

Thanks,
Shadok