Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JeKaRe JeKaRe is offline

Default protect a cell based on values in range

Hi Leith,

Your answer already gave me an idea in the right direction and i found a
solution.
(Perhaps i had been staring at the problem too long to think straight)

I wrote a function to check if the ranges have any data in them and based on
the return value I then lock or unlock the B2-cell.
Works like a charm.

Anyway, thanks for your input.

Season greetings and best wishes...
Jack.

"Leith Ross" wrote:

Hello JeKaRe,

Data validation is a convenient tool but lacks the protrection feature
you want. To prevent the user from changing the list once the have made
a selection would involve writing a VBA macro. To write the macro would
require more details about how your application is setup.

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

--
Leith Ross