Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JeKaRe JeKaRe is offline

Default protect a cell based on values in range

Hi All,

As a new excel-writer I try to do the following, so far without success.

A cell B2 uses a validation list. A range of cells uses another
validationlist depending on the value of B2.

Let's say in B2 I can choose from a list of states and in the cells A4:A30 I
can choose from a list of cities in that state.

This is working alright, but how do I protect B2 from changing once a city
has been chosen?

In my actual application there are a few columns depending on the value in
B2 so I don't want it to change once these columns have been used.

TIA,