Piranha

ML,
If your interested in a macro you could use something like this

'Insert current date in active cell.
Sub InsertDate()
With ActiveCell
.Value = Now
.NumberFormat = "mm/dd/yy"
End With
End Sub

If you use it with something like a Button, Logo, Pic etc to run the
macro,
it will not update automatically, only when you click the button.
You could target a cell insead of "on selection".

This help ?
Dave
- ML - Wrote:
I've created a lovely invoice in Excel for my company. When I generate
a new
invoice from the template it puts in the date using the TODAY()
function, but
unfortunately this updates if I ever open the invoice again to look at
it.

In Word there is a "CREATEDATE" function which inserts the date that
the
file was created first, and never after does it change. Is there any
way to
accomplish this same task in Excel?

Thanks,
Michael