Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones Norman Jones is offline

Default Moving post code data to a different column

Hi Harish,

Thank you for the additional information.

One final question: is the post code always the only information in its
column, or can a post code and other adddress data appear in the same
column?

---
Regards,
Norman

"Harish Mohanbabu" wrote in message
Hi Norman,

Thanks for your reply and please see my response inline -

Rephrasing my question : is the post code always the final item? In other
words, if the post code appears in (say) column 2, subsequent columns will
be blank?

Yes - postcode is always the last column.

If the post code is not necessarily two expressions, as in the last
example,
and the position of the code is not fixed, how is the post code to be
identified? For VBA code to process the post code, it is necessary to
enunciate a means of unique identification.

Postcode is always in caps. Rest of the address line is in title case.
Would it be possible at all to use this as unique identifier?

Cheers,

Harish Mohanbabu
--
MBS Axapta - MVP